Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ice Cream and Meringues

    Pecan-Mocha Meringues
 Today I experimented with meringues, the first time I have ever actually made meringues. They were pecan-mocha with crushed up chocolate chips and pecans, and a whole pecan on top. I have yet to see how they turn out, but the uncooked meringue mix itself tasted pretty good. Although it being the first time,  I have confidence that they will taste good. Good thing I had egg whites handy from making the ice cream, and the preparation itself was really easy. 

























                      Creme Anglaise Ice Cream
  I also made ice cream with a creme anglaise base, which is made of egg yolks, sugar, and heavy cream (and a few other things). It all went pretty well taste-wise, but I hadn't read the predicted quantity, and if I had, I would have definitely doubled the recipe. It only made two cups of ice cream, unfortunately. It was still really tasty though. 


Meringues are really easy to make, and anyone can make them, but you would need an Ice Cream Maker to make the ice cream (or sorbet or frozen yogurt).

No comments:

Post a Comment